Tuesday 26 November 2013

Lostmy.name

The Little Girl Who Lost Her Name / The Little Boy Who Lost His Name


When I was 7, personalised stuff was where it was at. Personalised pencils, pens or pencil cases were the height of cool so imagine the look of wonder on 30 schoolchildren’s faces when Rachel Knight brought in her very own personalised book, a birthday present from Smarties no less! She featured in her very own story, wow! However, this amazement was surprisingly short-lived. As soon as our teacher began reading, my attention wandered. The story was boring, uninspiring and left me thinking that personalised books were definitely not going to make it onto my Christmas list.

Fast forward 20 odd years (ok closer to 30 but a lady never tells) and now with kids of my own, I was approached by the Lost My Name team. They sent me copies of their beautiful books and I finally found out just what a personalised book should be. I’m already a firm believer in the magic of storytelling and sharing stories but this time, I understood how exciting a story can be when your name is the star of the show. The look of delight as my children realised it was actually their name highlighted just how different the experience is from the competition – these are books that let your child be part of the adventure without scrimping on story, quality or production. The illustrations are just as enchanting too. 
 
 

 
 
 
Lost My Name tells the story of a child who has lost his or her name and who sets off on a journey to track down the missing letters. Along the way they meet lots of weird, wonderful and wise characters. Each offers the child the first letter of its name. As the sequence of each story is dependent on the name of the child (over 236 illustrations and rhyming stories have been created to cater for every single name), so every child receives a perfectly individual book.
 
These gorgeous books are gifts to be treasured; they are the perfect newborn or christening present plus the story will be enjoyed by 3 to 6 year olds as they embark on their reading journeys. And once grown up, it will be that book you want to keep on your shelf to remind you of those magical childhood moments when your imagination knew no bounds.

Save 10%! Type in BlogTour10 when you checkout at lostmy.name
 
 
Check out Read It Daddy! tomorrow for a guest post from author David Cadji-Newby

1 comment:

  1. This is a brilliant idea: I really wish I'd thought of it! Beautiful illustrations, too. I'm finding a lot that I really like at the moment: absolutely loving the work Jonathan Emmett is doing - Santa Trap is completely vital to any little smurf's collection - Johnny Duddle is doing his best stuff in the same area - a great time to read to your sproglings!

    ReplyDelete